Friday, May 1, 2015

Visual Identity



We were given an assignment to come up with a theoretical business package and pick one element and present it. I chose my "imagined" business card.

I love the sky. I am what I like to call a “sky nerd”. I love everything about the sky: rainbows, sunrises, sunsets, clouds, storms and the stars. The moon is probably my favorite feature. I know that it will have to take a role in my visual identity. I have created a business card. I felt like I could not describe it without an example.
I will be using the visual concept of the black background and the image of the moon on all of the implements of my design business. For the letterhead, envelopes and the website, I will simply use a black bar across the top and down the left side with the image of the moon; the details of the business and name of my company in white. The rest will be white with black lettering. I feel like this color scheme will stand out among others. Black and white catches the eye. The black background is unexpected. I have ventured away from my favorite and beloved blue. I have stepped out of my comfort zone.
As for the name, I needed to include the word “moon”. I had to really think. One of the things that I really like about the moon is that it changes all the time. It changes rapidly as it rises and sets. It changes all month long and from season to season. So, I chose the word “phase” to demonstrate that fact. As for the imagery, I chose a photo from my personal collection that I took of the moon in October. I have included the original image and the Illustrator file.

Disclaimer: the ugly gray box was not part of the original design.

No comments:

Post a Comment